Thursday, August 11, 2016

Underwater friends

Hello there, Nicole here!

You can never have to many cards for lovely friends on hand, right?! :-)

(sentiment: happiness is to have you as a friend)



I colored these vampire squids for the 30 day coloring challenge and I wanted to use them for a card about friendship.






  • stamp and color the squids (I used my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens), then fuzzy cut them
  • add googly eyes :-)
  • use the ink smooshing technique and some Distress Inks for the background. I let all my layers of ink dry before I applied some more ink
  • add splatters of water and ink
  • let the background dry (over night) so the embossing powder would not stick to it
  • add a sentiment and the squids (with foam adhesive)
  • add some sequins in matching colors



Googly eyes are a simple way to add a fun element to your card.

Orange and blue are complementary colors. These colors go well together and as you see, the orange really pops against the blue.


  • Glowing seaside / strahlende Küste
  • Glück ist
  • Winter Snow Mix
  • Double Stitched Rectangles


We LOVE to see what you create with the Create A Smile products! Show us your creations on
Have a wonderful day








7 comments: